17 March 2019 (Melbourne): Better Communication For Better Outcomes
Presented by Dr Bronnie Lennox Thompson, PhD and Alison Sim
Spend a day exploring the value of communication in a clinical setting and how we can implement better ways of communicating with your clients:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- How we define “success” in the clinic
- Functional outcome measure to assess our client’s progress
- Workshop style activities to practice implementing some different communication approaches
This event is open to all practitioners who are working with clients with pain.
Tickets available: https://www.trybooking.com/BAERA
9 April 2017 (Melbourne): Words Heal – The Therapeutic Effect of Language
Presented by osteopath Bill Adamson.
For the last two years Bill has worked at RMIT, lecturing fifth year students on the science of communication. These lectures have a mixture of pain science, myth busting, framework explaining and story telling.
In “Words Heal”, Bill has summarised his 24 hours of content into a 2 hour presentation to make it as clinically relevant as possible, presented in a casual way for clinicians to utilise in their practice the very next day.
Tickets available: https://www.trybooking.com/BAHQX
19 May 2019 (Melbourne): From Research to Practice
Presented by osteopaths Alison Sim, Della Buttigieg and Nick Efthimiou
This course, will take you through a full day of clinical reasoning delivered through a combination of lectures, practical demonstrations and interactive discussions.
- Evidence based history taking: active listening and building the therapeutic alliance
- A pain science approach to physical examination and functional assessment
- A modern take on manual therapy: making sense of the evidence using a process approach
- A panel Q&A discussing clinical cases and the broader aspects of evidence based clinical practice (last year this was extremely well received)
Tickets available: https://www.trybooking.com/BAERI
5 June 2019 (Melbourne): Applied Pain Education
Presented by osteopath and pain management clinician Alison Sim
This three hour evening seminar will cover the basics of delivering pain education material to patients in the clinic. It will also look at ways to involve the patient’s goals and expectations in the way you plan a rehabilitation program.
Tickets available: https://www.trybooking.com/BAERS
14 August (Melbourne): Pain Science 101
Presented by osteopath and neuroscience lecturer Della Buttigieg
Pain Science 101 is a 3 hour lecture that covers the fundamentals of pain, and how clinicians can apply this in practice, presented by Della Buttigieg, an osteopath with over 15 years of neuroscience lecturing experience.
- Neurobiology of pain
- Peripheral and central sensitisation
- Assessment of pain
- Pain management strategies
This lecture is perfect as both an introduction to the complex topic of pain, or as a refresher with excellent clinical insight.
Tickets available: https://www.trybooking.com/BAERO
25 September (Melbourne): Chronic Pain In Paediatric Populations
Presented by phyiotherapist Blaise Doran.
This 3 hour seminar will cover physical therapy approaches to assessing and treating chronic pain in children.
- An overview of chronic pain in children
- Considerations for assessment
- Approaches for restoring physical function
- Case Study: paediatric chronic pain
- Clinical pathways for paediatric chronic pain management
Tickets available: https://www.trybooking.com/BAHRU